Types Of Information Collected.
The information collected through the Site may include, without limitation:
- Personal Information You Give Us: We receive and store any personal information you provide to us through our Site or give us in any other way, such as when you register an Account through our Site, request information, products or services from us through the Site, sign up for a newsletter through the Site, complete a survey on the Site, communicate with us via email through the Site. We also acquire your personal information from our use of “cookies” and other technology as you use the Site. This personal information that we gather from you may include, without limitation, your name, address, telephone number, email address, professional credentials, names and contact information for third-party affiliates or users, or other information. We use this information to enhance and customize services and features for you, to improve the Services we provide to you, and to communicate with you.
Use Of Information Provided.
- Marketing Uses. We may use this information, such as your name, address, telephone number, and/or email address, to contact you and send you information about us, our affiliates, and third party goods, services, and promotions in which we believe you may be interested. We may disclose your information to our agents and service providers who help us contact you for these purposes. In addition, we may disclose your information to our affiliates and third parties for their use in contacting you about products, services and promotions in which we believe you might be interested. All of the foregoing uses are referred to below as “Marketing Purposes.” You have the opportunity to opt out of allowing us to use or disclose your information for these Marketing Purposes as explained below in the paragraph entitled “Opt Out”.
- To Comply With Your Requests and Orders. We may also use and disclose to others (such as our billing service providers, our fulfillment houses and shipping companies) your information, to the extent reasonably necessary, to provide you with the information, opportunities, goods or services you request, such as if you request information about a promotion, choose to enter a sweepstakes, order goods or services, or request information from us. For example, if you choose to receive information regarding a promotion offered by a third party, we may share your information, such as your name and e-mail address with such third party offering the promotion. For another example, if you request information, or buy products or services through the Site, we may use and disclose this information to others so as to comply with your request (for example, to disclose your information, including your credit card information, to secure payment, by using your email or street address to send you the requested information, product or service, to disclose your email or street address to our mailing, fulfillment and shipping companies so that the requested information, product or service may be sent to you).
- Data Aggregation. We may aggregate your information with the information of others so that you cannot reasonably be identified and we may use and disclose such statistical information for any purpose.
- Site Analytics. We may use your information to help improve the operation of our Site, such as to diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Site, and to communicate with you with respect to your use of the Site, including, without limitation, to respond to e-mails from you.
- Asset Sale. We may share your information with and transfer it and our rights in it to another entity acquiring all or substantially all of our assets, or the assets of the division to which this Site relates, which entity would have the right to use and disclose your information as we did.
Securing Your Information.
We will use reasonable precautions to keep the information about you that we have gathered protected from unauthorized use or access. However, we are not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that may receive the information. For your safety and security on the Site, we may use security tools and functionality such as encryption, flash objects, firewalls, Passwords, or other security features. However, your external email communications with us are not protected by any digital security, and you should assume that such communications are visible by third-parties.
No transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we make reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, we cannot guaranty the security of information you transmit to us. We cannot be, and are not, responsible for the actions of our third-party vendors or for unauthorized access to information by hackers, or by other unauthorized third-parties.
Use Caution When Visiting Other Sites.
“Cookies” is a technology that stores useful information about you and your computer that enables our Site to remember you when you return. We can only read cookies from our Site. If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you can still access most of our Site. However, some aspects of the Site or Services may become unavailable or nonfunctional.
This Site Is Not For Children Under 13 Years Old.
This Site is not directed to children under the age of 13 and children under the age of 13 should not provide their information through this Site. We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and will not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from anyone under 13. Children 13 year old or older should not provide their information to us through this Site except under the supervision and with the permission of their parent or guardian.
Access To And Correction Of Personal Information Maintained About You/Ability To Opt Out Of Further Contacts.
- Access. In the event you wish to determine the nature of the information we have collected from or about you, please contact us by sending an email to: _______@thefirsttee_____.org. Please include your full name, your address, email address, telephone number, and explain the nature of your request. Your request can be as simple as “Please provide me with a summary of the information you have collected from or about me.”
- Updates and Corrections. In addition, if you have corrections or updates to the information we are maintaining about you (your address for example), please help us keep your information accurate by contacting us via email at ______@thefirsttee_____.org and provide us with the corrected information. Please include the information that you are updating or correcting (both old and new) so that we can more easily locate your record and update or correct it properly. Also include a telephone number and email address where we can reach you if we have further questions.
- Questions. If you have questions about the operation of this Site or other matters, please direct them to our attention at _____@thefirsttee_____.org.